Jean-Pierre Berliet is a senior business development executive with expertise in business generation, capital and risk management and strategic planning, across the insurance, healthcare and banking industries. He has worked extensively for leading insurance companies in the U.S. and in Europe.
Mr. Berliet established Berliet Associates, LLC to help insurance companies make more money and increase their value. Concurrently, he has been retained as a Senior Advisor to Greenwich Associates, helping this firm extend its advisory practice to the insurance industry, in the United States and in Europe.
Before establishing his own firm, Mr. Berliet was a Senior Manager in the Risk and Capital Management Practice of the Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services Practice at Ernst & Young. He focused on helping insurance companies develop risk based strategic decision making tools and establish risk adjusted performance measurement frameworks. He led the development of the initial methodology needed for this purpose while he was a senior consultant at Tillinghast-Towers Perrin. This activity was extended to include development of Enterprise Risk Management frameworks and linkages to value based management.
Earlier in his career, he held senior executive positions in strategic planning and corporate development at Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Citibank, Continental Bank and General Electric, as well as in strategy consulting, principally with The Boston Consulting Group.
Mr. Berliet is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and is a published author. Recent publications include:
- Increasing the Resilience of Insurance Companies, Risk Management, Society of Actuaries, June 2009
- Lessons from the Financial Crisis for Directors and CEOs of Insurance Companies, in “Risk Management: The Current Financial Crisis, Lessons Learned and Future Implications” by the Society of Actuaries, the Casualty Actuarial Society and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, December 2008
- Increasing the Usefulness of ERM to Insurance Companies, Risk Management News Letter of the Society of Actuaries, August 2008
- The Virtual Insurance Company: A New Approach to Managing Risk, with Bruce Zaccanti, Risk Management, March 2007
- Katrina: Why Risk Management Failed, Best’s Review, June 2006
Mr. Berliet is a graduate of Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC), Paris and of the Graduate School of Business at Columbia University, New York.
Mr. Berliet has three grown children and currently resides with his wife in New Canaan, Connecticut.
|166 Ferris Hill Road
New Canaan, CT 06840