They work first to develop
the principles and methodology for what we call real-world rigor in decision making and codify a clear-cut way to approach risk.
Then they offer to teach those principles and methods to a small group of students.
- 2 risk takers, former full-time traders (with combined experience of more than half a century)
- 2 persons known to have an attitude problem
- 6 Phds (quant/math), 4 businessmen/quants/advisors to hedge funds, 2 owners of analytics firms (competing with one another)
- 2 UHNWI (Ultra High Net Worth Individuals)
- 4 persons who specialize in tail events in both theory and real-life practice
- More than 25 books, and around 500 scholarly publications
- 4 are probabilists with deep enough a knowledge of probability to respect practice and explain things with concepts and pictures
Their leader is Nassim Taleb, author of The Black Swan and other books.
They are offering a MINI-CERTIFICATE IN REAL WORLD RISK MANAGEMENT* Feb 22-26 2016, New York City, 9 AM-5 PM.
Find them at Real World Risk Institute