Note to readers of this page – this is a work in progress. We are accumulating a list of events and will subsequently build the timeline. Your suggestions of events to be included would be greatly appreciated.
Report from Lehman Bankrupcy Examiner. http://lehmanreport.jenner.com/
1. Sales of AIG units AIA and ALICo.
2. Movement on Financial regulation overhaul.
3. Proliferation on books on the crisis: e.g., Too Big To Fail; Fool’s Gold; 13 Banks.
4. Congressional hearings
5. Repayment of TARP money by the various recipients.
6. Incredible first Q profits of banks.
7. Golman Sachs contoversy (however it turns out)
8. Crisis in Greece (however it turns out)
9. Potential use of repaid TARP money and TARP funds never distributed for additional goverment spending
Referendum in Iceland in March which rejected government proposal to repay British and Dutch governments for losses incurred by their citizens depositing monies with failed Icelandic banks.
Irish government creation of NAMA, a bad bank which will work out troubled loan assets – most interesting dimension is valuation basis on which these are transferred from banks to NAMA.